Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2019

First encounters.

The British Explorer

I’m Captain James Cook, the captain of the Endeavour ship. I have been on many trips across the Pacific and they were rough. I landed on an island which later I found out was called Aotearoa.       I landed Aotearoa on 8th October 1769 after coming from Hawaii.
When I landed on a beach,  I saw dark men with tattoos everywhere. I knew that they were not one of us because they look different, they do things differently and celebrate differently. One of my men shot one of them because he thought he was going to attack my crew. When the people saw one of their friends die they got aggressive and ran at me. My crew shot a few more people in order to protect me and the women started making weird sounds. The men ran at us with clubs and spears so we retreated back to the dinghy and rowed with all of our energy to the ship. When we got back to the ship. The first thing we did was a head count, we had lost 9 people while heading back to the dinghy.
I feel like going back there  but I'm afraid they might kill more of my men. I think when I go back I will land somewhere on the other side of the land. What I saw there makes me want to go back and discover more about Aotearoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment